Paralegal, Costco Wholesale Corporation, Issaquah, WA
Description of position: Costco Wholesale is seeking a paralegal to primarily support corporate counsel in handling securities, corporate governance, and environmental and social sustainability work, and secondarily to support other corporate counsel.
- Assist with periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Forms 10-Q and 10-K).
- Assist with annual meeting work, including preparation of proxy statement, dealing with shareholder proposals, and shareholder engagement.
- Prepare and file all SEC Form 3s, 4s and 5s for directors and officers.
- Prepare and file SEC Form 8K reports.
- Prepare and file documents and forms for ongoing corporate operations, including minute books for parent company and global subsidiaries.
- Prepare simple legal documents including powers of attorney and certificates of incumbency.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of materials for board of director and board committee meetings, and other maintenance of board portals.
- Assist in preparing written minutes of meetings (and resolutions) and circulating minutes for approval.
- Assist corporate counsel with research on securities, sustainability and ESG (environmental, social, and corporate governance) matters.
- Review, code, and process outside counsel invoices for payment, including verification against Costco’s outside counsel policies, and communicate with outside counsel and internal legal team members to resolve issues.
- Prepare budget reports for each period, quarter, and year; track monthly expenditures to budget.
- Make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- Manage filing of electronic and paper copies of agreements, email, other correspondence, and files.
- Assist corporate counsel with CLE (continuing legal education) and payment of annual bar association dues.
- The option of working from home two days per week is offered, subject to occasional variation in business needs
- At least five years of paralegal experience within a law firm or in-house environment dealing with SEC compliance and filings for public companies and subsidiary maintenance.
- Proven and reliable ability to maintain confidentiality in all legal matters.
- Proactive initiative, attitude, high engagement, and a strong interest in learning.
- Proven ability to stay calm and congenial, and to adjust positively to changes in direction and/or assignment.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office suite, Google tools, Adobe Acrobat, and Foxit PhantomPDF.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Well-organized, able to identify and prioritize tasks, excellent trouble shooting skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Ability to make sound critical decisions and accept personal responsibility for those decisions.
- Confidence in communicating directly with senior leaders of the Company.
- Knowledge of Costco (or similar consumer retail and/or e-commerce business) operations a plus.
- Paralegal certificate.
- Experience with EDGAR.
At Costco, you will build a long-lasting career in a renowned culture where the company is committed to taking care of its employees, members, and suppliers. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Gardner at email@example.com
Costco Wholesale is an equal-opportunity employer and strives to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are also committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.